Posting Date: 04/11/2023
Employer Location: 9775 Fairway Drive, Suite # C, Powell, OH 43065
Senior Database Administrator Requirements
Role: Senior Database Administrator
Location: Columbus, OH
- Adapts business requirements, developed by modeling/development staff and systems engineers, and develops the data, database specifications, and table and element attributes for an application.
- Participates in the data level design of user interface and business application processes.
- Participates in quality assurance and develops test application code.
- Works with management to ensure successful implementation of database changes
- Manage parameters to provide fast query responses.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills.
- Strong experience with SQL Server clusters with multiple nodes on each cluster, mirroring, log shipping, always-on and other methods of disaster recovery.
- Migration of SQL Server databases from one platform to another.
- Knowledge security, capacity planning, backup and recovery.
- Solid skills in database performance tuning, optimizing queries and stored procedures
- Demonstrated ability to implement automated process to improve database system reliability.
- Skilled at troubleshooting complex problems.
- Minimum 8 to 10 years of experience working with SQL Database, Cloud Server set up, Mirroring.
- Expert knowledge in data warehousing, ETLs, SSIS and SSRS.
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Strong understanding of relational and conventional database technology; data modeling concepts, tools and techniques.
- Expert knowledge of front end and query tools; standard operating systems; backup and recovery strategies, performance and tuning techniques; database products and needs.
- Ability to handle multiple projects at one time; results-oriented and highly motivated.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain accurate and complete work records and achieve project deadlines.
- Knowledge with other RDBMS systems, DB2 preferred
- Familiarity with PowerShell scripting, able to automate daily tasks
- Background in IT infrastructure, including systems or network administration.
- BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field or 3-5 years of equivalent experience.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
Ocean Blue Solutions, Inc. (OBSI) is a fast growing software services company with core competencies in Business Analysis, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence (DW-BI) and Application Development. OBSI was founded in 2013 and has been growing exponentially serving clients around the world. Since our inception, we have diversified our services to include ERP Services,Software Development, Web Development and Testing.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.