Posting Date: April 21, 2023
Location: 9775 Fairway Drive, Suite # C, Powell, OH 43065
Job Title : Data Scientist
- Understand and prioritize business problems and identify ways to leverage data to recommend solutions to business problems. Organize and synthesize data into actionable business decisions, focused on insights. Provide insight into, trends, financial and business operations through data analysis and the development of business intelligence visuals.
- Work with advanced business intelligence tools to complete complex calculations, table calculations, geographic mapping, data blending, and optimization of data extracts.
- Apply all Phases of Software Development Life Cycle (Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance) using Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Proficient in working on Apache Hadoop ecosystem components like Map-Reduce, Hive, Pig, SQOOP, Spark, Flume, HBase and Oozie with AWS EC2/Azure VM’s cloud computing
- Expertise in using Hive for creating tables, data distribution by implementing Partitioning and Bucketing. Capable in developing, tuning and optimizing the HQL queries
- Proficient in importing and exporting the data using SQOOP from HDFS to Relational Database systems and vice-versa
- Expert in Spark SQL and Spark Data Frames using Scala for Distributed Data Processing
- Develop Data Frame and RDD (Resilient Distributed Datasets) to achieve unified transformations on the data load
- Expertise in various scripting languages like Linux/Unix shell scripts and Python
- Develop scheduling and monitoring Oozie workflows for parallel execution of jobs
- Experience in working with cloud environment AWS EMR, EC2, S3 and Athena and GCP Big Query
- Transfer data from different platform’s into AWS platform
- Diverse experience in working with variety of Database like SQL Server, MySql, IBM DB2 and Netezza
- Manage the source code in GitHub
- Track and delivery requirements in Jira
- Expertise in using IDEs and Tools like Eclipse, GitHub, Jenkins, Maven and IntelliJ
- Optimize the Spark application to improve performance and reduced time on the Hadoop cluster
- Proficient in executing Hive queries using Hive cli, Web GUI Hue and Impala to read, write and query the data
- Build distributed, scalable, and reliable data pipelines that ingest and process data at scale and in real-time
- Create metrics and apply business logic using Spark, Scala, R, Python, and/or Java
- Model, design, develop, code, test, debug, document and deploy application to production through standard processes also in addition build business models using Data science skills
- Harmonize, transform, and move data from a raw format to consumable and curated view
- Apply strong Data Governance principles, standards, and frameworks to promote data consistency and quality while effectively managing and protecting the integrity of corporate data
Education Required: Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Analytics, Statistics, or similar field.
Required or Acceptable Job-Related Experience: 8 – 10 years related experience
Technical/Other Skills Required:
- Strong hands-on experience in Spark, Scala, R, Python, and/or Java.
- Programming experience with the Hadoop ecosystem of applications and functional understanding of distributed data processing systems architecture (Data Lake / Big Data /Hadoop/ Spark / HIVE, etc).
- Amazon Big Data ecosystem (EMR, Kinesis, Aurora, DynamoDB etc…) experience
- Microsoft Azure Data ecosystem (Databricks, Stream analytics, Purview, Synapse Analytics etc.)
- Proficient in working with AWS Sagemaker and Azure ML for building AI/ML Models.
- Extensive skills in Communication and Collaboration Skills
- Must be able to convey key messages in technical terms and business terms. Must be able to create technical documentation, such as specifications, design documents, and testing documents.
- Oral: Ability to collaborate and communicate with a wide range of partners, including IT and business, across all levels of the organization. Must actively manage expectations with stakeholders.
- Problem Solving: Must understand the business need and develop technical solutions to meet those needs. Innovation, creativity, and critical problem-solving skills are required to be successful in this role. Solutions need to be comprehensive, flexible for future changes, and delivered with a high degree of quality.
Ocean Blue Solutions, Inc. (OBSI) is a fast growing software services company with core competencies in Business Analysis, Data Warehousing, Business Intelligence (DW-BI) and Application Development. OBSI was founded in 2013 and has been growing exponentially serving clients around the world. Since our inception, we have diversified our services to include ERP Services,Software Development, Web Development and Testing.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.